Kilchoman - Cask 192 5YO - WIN bottling 2008-2013 - Tasting Notes


Nose
Peaty and herbal tones first come to mind. A bit dense and rich. Hard to penetrate what is lying underneath at first. Then the dense earth tones are combined with fresh citrus and a hint of seaweed.

Palate
Peat at first, but mixed with some sweet vanilla and citrus tones. Some fruit comes next, like red apples and grapes, but they go away fast and then the fudge and caramel appear. But mixed with some maritime flavours. Fresh, earthy, warm, sweet and bit salty. Nice.

Finish
Medium long finish with the smoky tone lingering, developing into the fruity sweet and combined with some plums, herbs and raisins. A lovely mix.

Score
This is a sample we got from the DH17 Dramset. An exclusive bottling for the Whisky Import Nederland. Distilled in april 2008, and has had 5 years of maturation in ex-Bourbon casks, and was bottled in april 2013 at 61,7%. Casknumber 192. I gave this one a 7,5 out of 10. A very nice one...


Tasting scores explained a bit. It all depends on the moment, ambiance etc, but to have a guideline for my own preferences. This differs for each person. See my wish list in the menu above to see what I prefer the most at the moment. A low score will not meen I will maybe give it a second chance on a later time, but for now it is not for me...

1-5   Mhmm... Not liking this one...
5-6   Don't have to wake me up for this, not bad, but not my preference
6-7   I like, but they just miss something, to make me wanna buy a whole bottle
7-8   Well, you can start waking me up for these, more depth, these I would love to add to my collection
8-9   These are to be enjoyed slowly. These I absolutely would love to have a bottle, but sadly not always in my price range. 
9-10 Well, what can I say, just wow...... No words to describe it. Wake me up now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment