Glenfiddich - 1983 25 yo Dubai Vintage - Festival Notes


At the Whisky Festival Noord Nederland I got me a lovely sample of Tony to enjoy. This was a Glenfiddich Special Private Vintage bottling of a 25 year-old single European oak sherry cask of Glenfiddich 1983, released to celebrate the 25th anniversary of luxury travel retail in Dubai.

Cask no #10888, and bottled at 53,4% Just had to sit down and enjoy this beauty. No notes, just enjoying. Tony told me to look it up later, 1983 Dubai he just told me, and I was amazed with what I learned a bit. This bottle is around a 1000 pound, if available, not much was bottled sadly of this beauty. Searching at home Tony asked the help of Hans-Henrik Hansen. He kindly provided the confirmation and photo of this bottling. I am very glad to have had the chance to enjoy this one. I was caught on camera while sniffing this one and you can tell I am enjoying this surprise dram very very much... Complex, long finish and great nose and palate.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment