Mortlach - Rare Old - Tasting Notes

At the Whisky Live The Hague festival I had a chance to taste this expression of Mortlach before and found it to be a very nice fruity, spice and sweet expression. I could not make notes on it at that time, but on a quick glance at it I gave it a 7,5 out of 10.

After the Morltach event in Brussels recently that WhiskySpeller attended we got send over some samples to enjoy, and so there was a new chance for me to make some notes on it.

The nose and palate are very balanced and give me some great notes of toffee, fudge, fruit, vanilla and chocolate. Warm spices in the mix with this all makes it a enjoyable dram with a medium length finish, to just sit with and relax. A dram with honey sweetness, dark toast and buttery feel. Red apple, red pepper, cookie dough, banana, citrus , mint, cherries, raspberry, red berry, plums, blackberry, oranges and a little hint of nuts. Staying at my first score with the new chance of tasting this one. Thanks for sending us these samples!



No comments:

Post a Comment