Kalkwijck - Jonge Jenever

From Kalkwijck Distillers comes this young (jonge in Dutch) jenever bottled at 35%. This distillery is part of an farm where they process their own grown products into alcoholic beverages.

On the nose I find a note of warm and bit sour bread dough, yeast, sweet, malty, banana, orange peel and a little bit of a dusty feeling.

The palate shows some a bit young notes and mostly the same notes as found on the nose. But warming and smooth. Buttery vanilla and ginger bread.

Soft and short finish with almost a hint of liquerish in the end and warm blackcurrant jam. Some dryness after a bit that makes me think of cumin seeds, nutmeg and cinnamon.

My journey in the world of Jenever is still quite young so I don't have much to compare this to. I find it nice, but it is not blowing my mind to be honest. Scoring it an 7 out of 10. We have purchased a bottle a while ago, so will come back to this one for sure after trying some more jenevers and see if my look at it changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment